Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney in San Luis Obispo
Free Consult with a Santa Maria Chapter 13 Lawyer
Experiencing financial hardship as you struggle to pay off your debts and
provide for your family can often feel like a never-ending uphill battle.
You shouldn't have to live your life filled with dread and anxiety
as you live paycheck to paycheck.
If you are currently in this difficult situation, you may be able to reset
your financial situation by filing for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. Our
bankruptcy attorney can walk you through the process from beginning to end.
Contact us online or call (805) 762-4465 to set up a free initial consultation with a chapter
13 lawyer in Santa Maria.
How to Qualify for Chapter 13
In order to qualify for Chapter 13 bankruptcy, an individual must prove
- They have the disposable income to repay their creditors through a payment
plan (factoring in living and allowed required expenses)
- Their secured debts do not exceed $1,257,850
- Their unsecured debts do not exceed $419,275
- You have not discharged a debt in a Chapter 7 bankruptcy within the last 4 years
- You have not discharged a debt in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy within the last 2 years
Once you are deemed eligible and file your bankruptcy petition, you will
have to meet with creditors in order to agree on a payment plan. You will
be required to make monthly payments to a bankruptcy trustee until your
debts are paid off, which may take a number of years.
Speak with our experienced Santa Maria bankruptcy attorney at the Law Offices
of R. Morgan Holland, L.C. We can help you determine if Chapter 13 is
right for you, or if you would benefit from filing for
Chapter 7 bankruptcy instead.
Need help in San Luis Obispo? Call now!
Backed by thousands of cases and countless
satisfied clients, our firm is the kind of team you need on your side as you embark on the
path to financial stability. The idea of filing for bankruptcy can be
intimidating and complex. We can walk you through the process so you are
always aware of the progress of your case.
Why should you choose to entrust your case to our firm? Consider the following reasons:
- We are well-versed in the area of bankruptcy law
- We give our client a time and cost estimate for their cases, right from the start
- We offer customized solutions and personal attention
Find out what 30+ years of experience can do for you by contacting us
We would be happy to review the details of your case during a
complimentary case consult.